Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into visible : Anthony Robbins
Goal is an essential part of human life. The goal set for oneself to determine the essence of the life.
Setting goals is the first step to turning dreams, ideas and wishes into REALITY.
In this post focus is given on benefits of goal setting, difference between Goal, Aim and Objectives and guidelines to set goals effectively.
Goal, Aim and Objective
Goal: It is a statement containing the information about what you want to achieve in life. It indicates time frame which is long term may be 8-10 years.
e.g. My goal is to become the general manager of a reputed multinational company.
Aim: It is a statement containing the information about where you want to see yourself. However the time period is lower as compared to goals. (3-4 years)
Objective: It is a statement containing the information about what you want to become. However the time period is lower than Aim and Goals. (6 months – 1 year).
The meaning of these terms is same but the time period is different.
Benefits of goal setting:
a. Suffer less from stress and anxiety.
b. Concentrate and focus better.
c. Show more self-confidence.
d. Perform better in all areas of life.
e. Become happier and more satisfied with life.
7 simple and quick guidelines to set goals effectively :
1. State each goal as a positive statement: Express your goals in a positive way. That is a key component to setting goals that you can attain.
2. Be precise: Set a precise goal that includes starting dates, times and amounts so that you can properly measure your achievement.
3. Set priorities: Set your attention to the most important ones and fallow each in succession.
4. Write it down: provides better keep track of what you are doing so as not to repeat yourself unnecessarily.
5. Keep operational goals small: keeping goals small and incremental allows you more opportunities for reward.
6. Set realistic goals: By being realistic you are increasing your chances of success.
7. Achieving your goals: when you have achieved a goal, you have to take time to enjoy the satisfaction of having done so.
Summery: due to global competition it is expected that the employee shall be a very good human resource who knows very well his abilities and strengths and shall be able to associate them to accomplish personal as well as organizational goals.
He must have the ability to distinguish between personal goals as well as organizational goals.
So, the goal setting is the very first step to achieve a success.
Written by Shubham…..
If you like this article, please Comment below or fallow me on twitter @shubh6694